Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Works for Me - Free Rice


From 1pm-3pm every day is 'Sabrina Time' here in the Mad House. The girls are in nap time, Luke is in nap/rest time and Caleb is in quiet time. This has been the case for almost 6 years now and will be the case for many to come. I adore my children, but need some time during the day to relax, rejuvenate and refresh...oh yeah and do housework, clean, scrapbook, fold laundry, watch my DVR shows, talk on the phone, blog, surf the net...the list goes on. And now I have a new source of entertainment to add that already-out-of-control list.

A friend of mine recently told me about this website called Free Rice. It's this cool website where for every vocabulary question you answer right, 20 grains of rice is donated and then distributed by the United Nations World Food Program. It's a pretty cool site!
My friend is a homeschool mom and uses it as a vocab tool for her kids and says that they love vocab now! They, apparently, get very excited to watch their bowl of rice accumulate. I must agree, it is fun and I'm addicted!

Ending poverty Works for Me. For more ideas head over to Shannon's.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Here is another site worth looking at.

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1

Anonymous said...

I agree about the Mommy Time. I look forward to nap time! You said it just right.

I clicked to the rice site and played for 5 minutes. That could get addicting!

Kathy in WA said...

Love that site! Even read about it in a magazine so it seems definitely legit. :)

Thanks!
Duckabush Blog