Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Month 1

In honor of the Twinkies first birthday, I am going to recall each month of the last year with them.

Birth and the whole first month of the Twinkies life is really a blur of emotions - in love, tired, overwhelmed, worry, amazed, overjoyed, shock, fear..........I really think I felt every emotion that first month. I was so excited to finally meet the girls, but also terrified that I would have no idea what to do with TWINS! I'm not really sure that it was reality that I was having twins until I first brought them home. Then it became reality really fast!

The girls were so little and fragile. They slept together in the same papasan chair and had reflux, so had to sleep upright. Every time they would choke from the reflux, I would get so nervous that they would stop breathing. It was terrible. They just were so tiny and delicate!They were so little that they both fit in the chair with plenty of room. They seemed to be comforted by having the other one close by.

Everyone was so excited to meet Lily Kate and Ella, so we had a lot of family and some friends come into town. It was nice to have people around to help with the kids. Joseph was on his surgery rotation, but it was towards the end so he got a little time off. My sister was here when the twins were born and my mom came hours after they were born.

I look back now and wonder if I really enjoyed those first few weeks with the babies. I was so worried about them finding a schedule and getting into a routine, that I wonder now if I truly savored each moment? I'm not sure if I really did them, but it is a good reminder to savor the moments today.

Here are some of my favorite pictures:




No comments: