Monday, May 26, 2008

On the road again...

We start the end of our trip tomorrow and I am so sad about that. This vacation has been amazing and I really am sad that it is almost over and that we have to go back to the real world. There were some stressful moments but that is to be expected, after all, we have been traveling for over 2 weeks with 4 young kids. When we are home and all is "normal" there are stressful moments. But the kids have done amazingly well and the girls have surpassed my most wildest dreams on our travels.

When we first told people that we were going to drive the 26 hours to DC for graduation, everyone just laughed at us. People thought we were nuts. (Especially because initially I was going to drive it by myself with the kids - that would have been insanity!) And even right up to the night before we left, we checked flight prices thinking that perhaps this was going to be way too much on us, but I am SO glad that we decided to drive with the kids. It has been precious time together that I will never regret.

Joseph and I both have many memories of family vacations in the car. Joseph and his family drove down from Alaska to the lower 48, many times, on vacation. My dad took my brother and I all across the country for the whole summer a couple of times. And I am confident that there will be many future vacations that we take as a family in the car.

Tomorrow we head to my mom's house and will be there for 4 or 5 days before coming home. I'm glad that our vacation isn't quite over yet! And after 20+ more hours in the car I may be singing a different tune at the end!!

No comments: