Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Mads have gone HIGH TECH!

Fall is here and it is my (Sabrina) favorite thing on the east coast!  The colors here are incredible and the leaves are just starting to change color.  Next weekend we are going to the pumpkin patch, so hopefully I will get some good fall pictures to post.

Well, we decided to go high tech and start a blog.  So many cute things happen here and God inspires us often, so we would like to write it down as often as we can.  We decided to name our blog ‘Raising Oaks of Righteousness’ because we are trying to raise boys that are “oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.”  It is one of my favorite things to pray for my boys.  That they grow up to stand tall for God’s truth & are deeply rooted in their faith.  In my mind I see boys that grow to stand out among others not because of how cute they are (and boy are they cute!) or because of their great personalities (and they definitely have personality,) but because they love their Savior, have a deep understanding of grace and have a desire to live out the love that God has for them.  And in all that do they will bring glory and give glory to God.  Tall order huh?  I think so too.  So, if you think about it you can pray for us that as their parents God will give us wisdom, understanding & MUCH grace in parenting.

So, enjoy our blog and don’t forget to save us in your favorites folder so that you can check back often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I love the name you chose for your blog because truly you are raising Oaks of Righteousness!
MC

David Warren Fisher said...

Dear Friends: I accidentally (???) came across your blog! I don't believe it was an accident. Another "God thing" where He ordains who we meet, who we see, etc.

I'd love to hear more about your "Mad House". I always thought that was a good description of our home. With 5 grown children and now two adopted boys we are going crazy pretty well all the time.

God's grace is sufficient to meet our every trial and His faithfulness is always before us.

God bless you and your family. Come and visit our blog!

In His embrace,

David

David Warren Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.