What matters is when things didn't make sense she rested safely in the arms of her Savior.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
What matters is when things didn't make sense she rested safely in the arms of her Savior.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Oh, yeah baby. This is what I did most of the time - kick my feet up, watch the kids all have a blast and chill. It was awesome. Why haven't we gone to the beach before?
I had been watching the weather because it was supposed to rain. 40% chance from 9am-5pm. Lucky for us, weather.com was wrong. Very wrong. It was beautiful! Look at that blue sky!
My four Mad kids. Gosh, I love those little people!
Toddler feet, don't you love 'em?!
Lily Kate, true to form, really liked the waves and water but was super hesitant. She takes her time to get used to things and absolutely does NOT like to be rushed.
Ella Grace on the other hand is fearless! Unlike her sister she doesn't mind getting dirty and loves adventure.
Little Kate. Isn't she yummy?
Caleb and his best friend AJ. Aren't they cute? They are in the same class at school and rumor has it that the girls chase them in the playground and try to kiss them. Thankfully they haven't caught my boy yet! I have made it clear to him that the only girl that kisses him is his mama!
Luke and his best friend Josh. It really is great being good family friends with the boys best friends.
The girls had watched the other kids pulling each other on the boogie boards, but I don't think they got the memo that you have to be in the water for it to work well!
...that girl loved running in the sand and chasing the seagulls! She didn't catch one, and I shudder to think about what would have happened if she actually got close to one!
Caleb running in the water. Doesn't that bring back great memories of being a kid at the beach?
Sitting with their papa, enjoying the little waves.
And this is where the big kids were most of the time. It doesn't look like it, but they are actually pretty far out there. More great memories...
Daddy and his Diva's
Caleb flying his kite
Christian, isn't he cute?! We want to do an arranged marriage for him and one of the twins, but he can't decide which one he wants. And we aren't into polygamy.
Christian being a boy...
...and Lily Kate being a girl. You go, sister, and tell him that's not appropriate!
Ella and Daddy
Poor Ella. The girls didn't get their nap and I wasn't sure how they would do, but they did great. I was shocked when I asked Ella if she wanted to take a nap and she laid down and went right to sleep!! What a great way to fall asleep - ocean breeze and the sound of waves in the background. Unfortunately her wake up wasn't that great. Her sister came over and started messing with her. Silly Sister...
The Collins Fam. I am so thankful for them and their friendship.
The sunset on our way home! It really was an awesome time!!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
I stumbled across this quote and found it helpful while processing all this:
In this crazy world, there's an enormous distinction between good times and bad, between sorrow and joy. But in the eyes of God, they're never separated. Where there is pain, there is healing. Where there is mourning, there is dancing. Where there is poverty, there is the kingdom. - Henri J. M. Nouwen
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39
The funeral is today. Please keep them in your prayers.
Friday, September 25, 2009
(click on the photo if you want to see the pictures better)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- I'm contemplating a hair cut. My hair has gotten ridiculously long. Like I-have-to-yank-it-out-from-under-my-husband-when-he-rolls-over-on-it-in-the-middle-of-the-night long. But here is my dilemma: I have had my hair all lengths and although I like it really short, my man says when it's short I look like I have a helmet on. How's that for brutal honesty? Hmmm. He loves my hair long. I like to grow it out and then cut it short, but my fear is that while my hair grows like a weed, what if now that I am getting older it won't grow back? Isn't there like some rule that your hair stops growing as you get older or am I crazy? And then my other fear is that what if when it's short it irritates me while I run? I can't have any irritations when I run!
- I did find out that I could sell my hair on the Internet, for big bucks (like anywhere from $500-$1000) because it is virgin hair (no dye, no perm), ridiculously thick and long. When I told my man that he said, "Where's the scissors?" Apparently, money talks around here.
- So, if I'm not getting a hair cut, my other thought is - DYE! I would love to dye my hair. I've never done it before, but I think that it would look really cool with a pink stripe in it. Yes, I am serious. Once again though, my man thinks that is absurd. So, I gave him 2 choices: pink hair or nose ring. He's still thinking, I'm still serious...
- Well, that is 3 minutes of your life you will never get back reading about my hair drama. On to other things...
- School is going great for the boys. They both love it! Check out Caleb's cursive:
- While the boys are in school, the girls and I are trying to find out where we belong. It has been an adjustment for me. For the past couple of years everything has revolved my big boys - their schedule and activities. And now they are gone and the shishers and I are finding our groove. I'm feeling lonely and need to find some friends for the sisters and I. So...
- We go to the gym every morning, we've joined a great MOPS group at church, we go to the park & play and are looking for a playgroup. It's a start. Joseph rolls his eyes when I say I have no friends. He claims to not know anyone who has more friends. He's right, I have friends, I'm just looking for that one that has a husband in residency, loves going to the gym, runs and has twin girls. Really, is that too much to ask?!
- Until then, it has been fun being with the Divas - they are crazy and make me laugh all the time! We have lots of girl time and every time I go shopping with them, I am reminded at how terrible they are and how it's all my fault! I seriously let them get away with murder. It's bad. But they are just so darn cute!
- I had my Mother's of Multiples sale last weekend and got rid of tons of girl clothes! The amount of clothes these girls have is bordering ridiculous. And now that those clothes are gone, they have made room for their fall wardrobe. I am having serious fun shopping for that!
- You can rest easy tonight knowing that I have figured out the Halloween costumes for this year. Whew, there was some stress, fast talking and bribing involved - but it is done! And there will be no changing of minds or reveals quite yet. I will just say that I am now on a 5 year streak for group themed Halloween costumes. The things that make me happy...
- My sister has been living with us now for the past month and it is going really well! She's going to college here and just got a job this week. It has been so nice having company when my man is gone and she has been super helpful with the kids when we need her. It's nice to have a babysitter around for impromptu date nights. I try really hard not to abuse her, wouldn't want to run her off quite yet...
- We are going to the beach this weekend and I am super excited. We are going with some of our good friends who have 7 kids. It should be a blast!!
- Soccer season starts next week and the boys are thrilled!
- Joseph has been on nights all month and pulled his last one last night. Whew, I'm glad that is over. It wasn't that bad. The most painful part is that he sleeps in our room, so I hate going in there to shower, change or anything else for fear of waking him. It will be nice to have my room back! He's off for the next 11 days - whoooo-hooo - and then will be out of town for a while - booooo.
- And on his week off, he is geared up to (drum roll please) potty train the twins. I-am-so-not-ready-for-this! I was geared up for it, but then changed my mind a couple of days ago. When I say this out loud, I laugh at myself because I don't really have to do much. Or at least that is how it's been in the past. Joseph potty trained the boys and did a perfect job. Well, perfect with one and the other one...let's just say we got a call this afternoon to bring a change of clothes because he had an accident. But it's not Joseph's fault that child is way too busy playing to worry about little things like going to the bathroom!
- I digress, back to the twins - while Love is off and will solely dedicate the time to training the twins, he will leave. And then I will have to commit to what he started and I am bad at commitment. Hence the reason that he potty trains.
- So, I'm still thinking about whether or not to potty train. I did, however, have fun buying girl panties!!!!! I've never bought girl panties and they are sooo cute.
There is some story that my MIL loves to tell that when Joseph was in kindergarten his teacher declared that his handwriting was so bad the only thing he would amount to in life was being a doctor. His handwriting is terrible and she was right. I wonder what you become if you're cursive is this fabulous?!?
Alrighty, that is all (and wayyy too much) for now. I really doubt that any of you read through that and I don't blame you. I wouldn't either. I just missed y'all!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
"yes, don't worry. mama gets the wipes out and ready first. trust me, i know what i'm doing..."
"like mama says, play with the wipes and don't fuss. don't wiggle."
"okay, mama, stop taking pictures and come help shisher. she's not cleaning me with the wipes, she's trying to cover me with them."