Saturday, September 26, 2009

Prayer request

I'm off to the beach today, but before I go I wanted to ask you guys to please pray for the Sullivans. I'm not sure if any of you heard about their story, but it really touched me, made me think and hold the kids a little tighter. I don't personally know them, they are friends of friends, but as I was reading through some old posts on her blog I was surprised how many connections I had to Sara. Joseph was working in the ER that she was brought to and while she wasn't his patient, he remembers her case. Also, her MFM OB was mine too and she is from the Houston area, really close to my parents. Their story is heartbreaking and their faith is amazing and inspiring.

I stumbled across this quote and found it helpful while processing all this:
In this crazy world, there's an enormous distinction between good times and bad, between sorrow and joy. But in the eyes of God, they're never separated. Where there is pain, there is healing. Where there is mourning, there is dancing. Where there is poverty, there is the kingdom. - Henri J. M. Nouwen

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

The funeral is today. Please keep them in your prayers.
Photobucket

No comments: