Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Texas, our Texas, all hail the Mighty State!

Well we had a fun, productive and too fast trip to Texas. Luke and I left first and my mama was able to take the week off from work and help me with Luke while I looked at houses. She was a blessing and that was a HUGE gift from God! I don't know how I could have looked at the 30+ houses that we looked at by myself with Luke the Bear!
Caleb meanwhile was in Delaware with the Zeiglers for a couple of days and had a great time with them. When I called him he said, “I miss you, but I don’t want to talk too much.” So much for all my fears that all that time away from Mommy and Daddy would scar him.
Joseph and Caleb joined us in Texas and the kids stayed with my parents while Joseph and I looked at houses. We had a good time together without kids, found a house that was out of our price range and bought it. Joseph came home to take a test at school and the kids and I spent some time with my family. That was our trip in a nutshell!
We are so excited to be moving to Texas! Even Joseph said that he feels like Texas is home (although I don’t think that he is ready to hang the TX state flag off our porch like Texans like to do!) It will be great to be that close to family and we are planning on taking FULL advantage of it!!