Sunday, June 20, 2010

We're still here!

First let me warn you that I am in a coma induced by too many Oreo's, so if this post makes no sense...blame it on the sugar.

Hello my little blog. I do think of you often. The problem is not that I have too little to say. I have so much to talk about and out of a fear of sounding wordy, confused, disorganized, over-commited, non-committal, crazy and oh - MYSELF, I've neglected writing. My other big issue is that I have so much catching up to do that I wasn't sure where to start.

So I'm not sold that I'm going to try to catch up. I may or may not back post, I may or may not catch up. Who knows? But for now I'm just jumping.right.on.in. Ready or not...

*********************************************************

Caleb turned 8 yesterday and we had his partay this weekend. (I do have his birthday letter somewhere on this computer...) I cannot believe that I have an 8 year old. Mercy, time is flying by. That kid cracks me up! All his birthday presents involved toys for his animals OR gift cards to pet stores. His best present was given to him by his mama and daddy, his new little kitten Marble! Now, anyone who knows me knows I HATE CATS.

Okay, like I tell the kids, hate is a strong word. Maybe I don't hate them. But, I am definitely afraid of them. And I definitely don't like them. At.all.

But, Marble is different. She isn't a cat. She is this cute little furry kitten. Who totally makes me laugh and who is so cuddly!

So, yes, Marble joined our zoo house. And to say that Caleb is in love with her is an understatement. He cries out of nowhere and when I ask what's wrong he says, "I'm just so happy. I love Marble so much. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me!"

Makes the whole fact that we are having a hard time litter training her worth it. Almost.

***********************************************************

Joseph has been working 2 days a week for the past 3 weeks and it really has been fabulous! I'm wondering where he could find a job with these hours?

It has been a great thing, too, because I have been working a lot lately. And I really like it. There are two of us that teach yoga at my gym and the other instructor has been out of town a lot this month, so I have been subbing her classes. And then I picked up a Trekking class too. Love it!

Seriously having fun and getting paid for it. Can't beat that!

***********************************************************

I've been doing the Zone for about 7 weeks or so and this is the week of reckoning! I'm remeasuring and recalculating my body fat. I can't wait. I know, bizarre that I'm really looking forward to this...? I've lost 12 pounds and am seeing a number on the scale that I haven't seen in, oh I dunno, 10 plus years!! I'm healthier and stronger now than I have ever been. It's only taken me 3 years to get here. Better late than never, right?!

***********************************************************

The boys have been home from school for almost a month now and I really love having them home. Don't get me wrong, there are days where I'm losing it and I'm convinced someone is going to call CPS on me. Lucky for the kids their Daddy has been home a lot so the calls to CPS have been minimal.

***********************************************************

The twins took swim lessons this month and are convinced they know how to swim. They don't. taking them to the pool is frightening.

***********************************************************

We are going to the beach this weekend and I'm oh-so-excited. We rented a beach house with 2 other families that we love and it is going to be so much fun!! Between us there are 12 kids, between the ages of 2 and 11. The house has beach access, a pool and enough room for all of us..hopefully! Both of the families that are going with us are amazing and fun and we all laugh a lot together. Oh, and one of our friends surfs, so I'm looking forward to learning how.

***********************************************************

Alrighty, I think that is all for now. My blog needs some new pictures and a face lift, so since my man is working tonight and my boys are in Houston with their Nana I may take advantage of the girls going to bed early and work on my blog. Maybe...




3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The face lift so far is lovely!

You've been missed the last month. I don't blame you for hating cats (me too!) and I am impressed that you got one. Awesome about all the working and exercising. You seriously amaze me with all of that. I have to make myself walk on the treadmill and I would fall over dead if I tried to have job right now.

The vacation to the beach sounds heavenly! I miss the water.

Michele said...

You sound just like you, lots going on. I'm glad you are having lots of summer fun. We are having VBS this week and though it is only day 1 I am exhausted!

Sincerely Anna said...

Yeah, you're back!! I've missed you and your blog. Thanks for jumping right on in just for me (heehee). Congrats on the weight loss - you were one of the people that inspired me to begin working out b/c you always were so upbeat about it. I was never upbeat about fitness...ever. But I think I might be now! Yay for you and me, let's keep it going!