Sunday, July 02, 2006

Our birthday gift to Caleb

Before we left our much anticipated birthday gift arrived for Caleb...a flight suit! I found this company that does them and takes great pride in making kids suits that look like the real thing. It even has his name on his name badge and patches that Joseph got to pick out for him. To say that Caleb loved it is the understatement of the year. His first comment was, "I have been wanting a flight suit my whole life!" And boy does he wear it everywhere! I was thinking that when we got down here he wouldn't wear it as much because it is so hot, but nope he wears it even though when he does, sweat is usually dripping down his face. He wore it to Lackland AFB commissary the other day and got lots of comments on how sharp he looked. He leaned over to me at one point and said, "Mom, people really think that I'm a pilot." It was kinda cool - there was a 1 star there who had a flight suit on and he stoppped to talk to Caleb. Caleb said to me, "Look mom, he has a flight suit like mine!" My Caleb is such a funny boy!