Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The rest is over, now back to work!

I have been in Houston visiting my family for the past week and will go home tomorrow. And I'm not happy about it.

I have said it before, and will say it again, I love being home. It's such a nice reprieve from my not-so-normal life. I spend more time with the kids, more time relaxing and more time refreshing. I spend less time running errands, less time being busy and MUCH less time cleaning. We've been hanging out with family and going to the pool. It's been fun.

And now I go back to reality. Translation of the word 'reality': Joseph's terrible work hours, lots of work with the spouses club (did I mention I'm President next year?) and lots of cleaning!! Yuck. Yuck. And yuck.

But, there are things that make coming home more appealing. I have missed my man something fierce and am excited to see him. Even if it is for 30 min a day.

And on my way home from H-town, I will swing by the airport and pick up a friend I haven't seen in almost 5 years! The last time I saw her was shortly after Luke was born. I have never met her baby daughter and she hasn't met the Twinks!

Then right after she leaves (literally right after) my BFF is coming to stay with us before they move to Korea for 2 years. That is going to be crazy and fun all rolled into one. 7 kids, 3 1/2 adults (Lovey only counts as a half since he is hardly around!) and a dog all in our not-so-big home. I smell an adventure.

Yep, I have a couple of things to look forward to when I get home. Now I'm getting more excited...

No comments: