Tuesday, April 12, 2011

B is for...

Do you ever have those moments where you feel like you should do something, but talk yourself out of it? That is what happened to me at the Geek Squad counter a couple of months ago. And now I am kicking myself for it.

My computer had been having issues with keeping charged since last summer and has been in and out of the hands of the Geek Squad. I took it there, for the 3rd time, at the beginning of February and as usual they asked me if I wanted them to back up the hard drive on my broken computer. I said no even though something in me said to say yes.

I should have listened and said yes. Because now my hard drive is somewhere in a Geek Squad warehouse.

With all my pictures on it.

The pictures that aren’t backed up anywhere else.

When the Geek Squad dude told me that they weren’t sure they were going to be able to retrieve my hard drive for me I cried.

FYI – Geek Squad dude’s get really freaked out when you start crying. I don’t get the feeling they are great with emotion. They are, on the other hand, smart enough to back things up. Of that I’m sure.

No comments: