Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I’m home…with a serious case of jetlag.  Honestly, I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.  Then backed over again…and again…and again.  I’m told within the week, I should feel back to normal.

But I’m not sure if I want to go back to normal.  To life before this trip.

People keep asking me about my trip.  And I have no idea how to respond. How do you sum up a life altering, eye-opening experience in 10 words or less?  How do I verbalize what I saw – the poverty, the pain, the joy and the hope – in a couple of sentences? 

I can’t.
So I say, “It was amazing.”

But that doesn’t even begin to accurately describe what I saw God doing.

kept a journal of my trip and will post that and pictures as soon as I can.  I only took 1,000 pictures, so that shouldn’t take too long to go through.  Especially since I’m trying to jump back into life with kids on summer break.  No problem.

 Until then…

No comments: