Wednesday, November 16, 2005

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

The word “love” has been so butchered in the English language. I’m working on a study of God’s love for us and one of the exercises was to rewrite 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and insert the phrase My heavenly Father in place of the word love and the word he in place of the word it. It was awesome to revisit Father’s agape love that he has for each one of his children. After doing this little exercise it reminded me how personal Father’s love is for my life. ~s

"My heavenly Father is patient, My heavenly Father is kind. He does not envy, he does not boast, he is not proud. He is not rude, he is not self-seeking, he is not easily angered, he keeps no record of wrongs. My heavenly Father does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. My heavenly Father never fails."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments: