Thursday, November 10, 2005

Soccer season has ended

Caleb had his last day of soccer yesterday and got his FIRST trophy! Whoo-hoo about both of those things!!! He was so cute and waited so patiently for them to call his name. Another milestone reached and like all of them it was bittersweet. My baby is growing up. And with growing up comes growing pains. Yesterday morning and early afternoon was painful for both Caleb & I. He is 3 and demanding, delightful, defiant, & delicious! And I am a momma that is a slow learner, impatient, & demanding but trying to raise boys that love Jesus. Caleb and I butt heads all morning and then we went to soccer and I saw how small he is and how hard he is trying to grow up. He looked so little in a class of boys that are older than him, but he was also one of the most well-behaved. Seeing him in that setting was a great way to end such a hard day. I'm not doing the worst job ever and he isn't the worst kid ever. God's grace is so good and his timing is perfect. I needed to see a glimpse of his grace and he showed me that grace at soccer. It also reminded me that at the end of the day his grace is what I should be leaning on.

Jesus said, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'
~2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: