Monday, April 23, 2007

Hot Date!

Last Friday night Joseph and I went on a date!! We figured it may be the last one for a while. I had contractions every 3 minutes the entire drive to restaurant and was hoping that we would be able to finish our date before I went into labor. Luckily they stopped shortly after we got to there. We ended up going to Salt Grass Steakhouse and had a really good time with some really good food! After our date we were having a hard time figuring out what to do next…a movie would have been difficult because I’m uncomfortable sitting for long periods of time and a romantic walk on the Riverwalk is out of the question since it is exhausting for me to walk or stand for longer than 3 min. (NO exaggeration!) SO, I convinced Joseph to go with me to…drum roll please…BABIES R US!!!
I walk pretty slow these days, for obvious reasons, and was holding my chivalrous hubby’s arm when he romantically says, “I think I just saw a sloth pass us.” I knew that this was going to be a long walk around the store and was thrilled when we walked into the store and saw they had WHEELCHAIRS!!! I was so excited and asked Joseph if he would be willing to push me around. Once again my chivalrous husband says, “I would have to be half dead and then would crawl before I would ride around in a wheelchair.” (I will tuck that info. away for when he’s an old man) I think though after the long walk into Babies R Us he decided that this may be the only way to get out of the store before he graduates med school. It really wasn’t as great as I thought that it would be. We definitely moved much faster, but that was the problem. Being at the mercy of someone who rates shopping right up there with riding in wheelchairs he went so fast I couldn’t browse. Then he would leave me in the middle of the aisle and “accidentally” run me into things. Motorized wheelchairs WILL be in my future when I’m old and can’t walk!
So that sums up our big last date. We really are boring!

On another note, Joseph started his general surgery rotation today and this is going to be the beast of all rotations. Of course things are always crazy on call nights and the first day of rotations. Today is no exception. Both boys have pink eye, Luke has diarrhea, Caleb has a bad cold, it’s been rainy out and Titan Dog MUDdry tracked mud through the house and Luke got blue paint on the bottom of his socks and danced all over the living room! When I was a kid I never understood the commercial slogan, “Calgon, take me away!” Well, now I do.

No comments: