Tuesday, June 05, 2007

2 and a half weeks with twins!

So the twins are 2 1/2 weeks old and they have their 2 week check-up today. I am so excited to find out how much weight they have gained. They are looking chunkier to me, but still so little. Their legs are so thin and long...perfect ballerina legs! I think they look particularly long and skinny to me because they are longer than either of my boys were and weigh less than the boys weighed.

Last night the girls had a 6 hour stretch between feeding and slept the whole time! That was more than fabulous!!! At this stage in the game though we aren't counting on that to happen every night, but it was nice last night. Typically they do 4-5 hour stretches at night which is better that hourly! And during the day they go every 3 hours (or later if I can't get to them at that minute!)

Here is a little on the personalities of Lily Kate and Ella Grace. Lily Kate is a better sleeper and fusses less than her little sister. She is much more dainty and even burps more daintily than Ella. Ella eats more, fusses more and burps like a sailor! She also looks at you with these wide eyes and acts like she is hanging on every word you are saying and looks ready to take on the world. Both girls like to be cuddled, bury their faces in their covers and be swaddled. They sleep best when they are close to each other, but when the pacifier falls out of their mouth they try to eat each others faces and grab whatever they can get their hands on - even if it is a sisters nose or hair bow!

People always ask me if twins are twice the work and really they are more like 1 1/2 times the work and DOUBLE the fun!!! If I had one baby I would already be feeding, changing, burping, ect. All those things do take twice the time though. Twins are also twice the diapers! We go through about 110 diapers a week. And that doesn't even count Luke Bear Maddry's diapers. I never thought that I would be as happy as I get when I get diapers for a gift! For sure though, twins are twice the fun and we are loving EVERY minute of this adventure!! At night when the house is quiet and I am feeding the girls I thank God for blessing us with the amazing children that we have.

No comments: