Saturday, June 30, 2007

Time Away

As our blog states I've been away from my family in Maryland for the last 2 weeks and I still have 3 more weeks to go. To say that I'm finding the time away from my family frustrating would be a severe understatement. I miss them dearly and long to hold them. The silver lining to this situation, however, is that it puts things into perspective. Second only to my God, my family is everything to me. Like the majority of fathers and husbands out there there is no amount of money, fame, or "happiness" that I would except in exchange for my wife's sweet kisses, my sons hugs, or my baby girls gentle cries. Yes I long to hear their cries just as you anxiously await a babies first cry as it comes into the world. I can only imagine the pain felt by those who have to deploy to Iraq for a year or more. My prayer is that God will bring them and their families comfort and that he will remind me of the important things in life when the details attempt to drown them out.

No comments: