Thursday, June 28, 2007

My friend Joy

Well, we had our first helper since Joseph has been gone and we couldn't have asked for anyone better than Joy. She was amazing. I have had few people serve me with such humility and love. Joy cooked (and froze meals for the future!), cleaned, did more laundry than any human should ever have to do, changed MANY diapers, stayed up for the late feeding, grocery shopped, drove kids to school, held babies, read to boys, looked for bugs with boys, gave baths, listened to a crying-overwhelmed-exhausted mom, made a crying-overwhelmed exhausted mom laugh and really shared with us what a servant with a heart for Jesus looks like. I will be forever grateful to you Joy for this past week and will never forget the sacrifice that you have made for my family! And her awesome hubby, Ben, took leave to be full time mommy and daddy to her children so that she could give us the amazing gift of her time and we are grateful to him as well.
We miss & love you Joy!!!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Your little girls are beautiful - your boys are pretty handsome as well! : ) It's fun to know you're reading our blog and it has been fun seeing yours. Sounds like your getting lots of extra help which is awesome - I hope it keeps coming for you! Feel free to ask me any questions if my small headstart of experience would be any help to you!

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a Joy around when they have a baby!