- I was supposed to run a half marathon this weekend. Supposed to. In other words, didn't. I was so not ready to run 7 miles, much less 13.1. I really wanted to do one last run with my fav runner but between the fact that I didn't train, hubby's schedule sucked and I will be gone the next two weekends - I decided at the last minute I couldn't do it. Bummer.
- I have officially joined the 21st century. I now text. And have a phone with a touch screen. Gosh, I'm fancy. Next thing you know, I will have a twitter account. (snicker) Not likely.
- This weekend I did make a few more dresses for the girls. 6 to be exact. I'm getting faster and almost have it down to a science. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my dresses and a few people have said they would pay me to make dresses for them. Um, I politely said no. Ghetto seamstress I am, real seamstress I am not.
- Speaking of me working, I got a job! The YMCA hired me!! I will be taking over a yoga class at the end of May and next weekend I am getting certified to teach Body Flow. It will be a 2 and a half day certification that sounds exhausting. I'm blessed that my mama will be flying in to take care of my kiddo's while I go.
- I also filled out an application and sent in a resume for a job instructing group exercise classes at a corporate fitness gym. My friend works for the company and they really want to hire me to teach! The money is amazing! More than my hubby makes an hour! Exciting stuff.
- Of course, my first job is mama and wife! And in case I have never told you, I am married to a man that never wants me to work. He is supportive of my endeavor, however. He makes me laugh though...he's a little worried about my "career" getting more attention than him. That silly man makes me laugh! I would hardly call this a "career". Seriously, we are talking like 2 hours a week. Boy, could you imagine if I told him that I was going back to school to become a rocket scientist? Luck for him that's not likely to happen...
- Have I told you what I am obsessed with lately? This. I am really in need of an intervention. My boys, however, think I am very cool. Especially since I have made it to world 8! (Just pretend you're impressed.)
- So, next weekend I will be doing this Flow cert. and then the following weekend I am going to the Mind, Body, Fitness Conference in Dallas to get Level 3 and Anatomy & Alignment certifications. It's a 4 day conference, that is going to be exhausting, but where I will get two more certifications. My SIL is coming from Alaska to take care of the kids so that I can go. I have good kin folk, don't I?
- Well, I need to get to bed. Hey, I have a very important meeting on Thursday - if you think about it, will you pray for me? Thanks! I'll fill you in soon.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
My favorite kinda blog post
My life in bullet points: