Monday, December 13, 2010

Spending time with my man is definitely a priority

Tomorrow we go to MD Anderson for testing-talking-discussing-evaluating...  And more technical stuff I don't understand.  I'm likely setting myself up for failure, but I'm hoping that we have a clearer picture of how we should proceed with life after these appoinments.

The last couple of weeks have been tough around here.  Having a husband with a brain tumor in residency isn't the easiest thing at times.  He only gets 6 days off a month.  Brain tumor or no brain tumor.  So if he has to take 3 days off to go to Houston for testing, then he only has 3 days off this month.  We don't do well when he has such little time off.  Actually, I don't do well when he has such little time off and if I don't do well...

Yeah, we don't do well.

So I'm looking forward to spending some time with him.  The sisters are coming along too and I'm super thankful that my mama lives in H-town and will be able to watch them while we are at the hospital.  The boys are staying at their best friends house and are so looking forward to that.  They have no idea what is going on.  All they know is that they get to have a sleep over in the middle of the week.  Really, is there anything else more important to think about than that?!

Some days I really wish I was 6 again.

Because I have 1,000 things to think about.  This is the worst week for me to leave because it is the last week of school before Christmas break.  That's a busy week for room mom duty.  I'm trying to have everything ready for the big par-tay on Friday before I leave.  But because I took a nap this afternoon and am blogging now, it's not looking like that is going to happen.  I have priorities and sleep is at the top of the list.

Actually, eating is.  Then working out.  BUT, sleep is a close third.
Okay, my family is first.  But eating really is a close second.

Alrighty, I better get off of here and do something important.
Like eat some of the candy my grandma sent.  Chocolate covered peanut butter balls will give me the strength I need to deal with the afternoon!

No comments: