Friday, May 04, 2007

Announcing the arrival of!....

Lance Armstrong!!! (tricked you didn't I?!?)

Caleb reached another milestone this past week. He learned to ride a bike!!! One day Daddy asked him if he wanted him to take the training wheels off Blue Thunder (his old bike) and Caleb hung his head and said, "I guess it's that time." Joseph reminded him that he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to but Caleb, pretty unenthusiastically, wanted to. They practiced for about an hour before it started to get dark and they had to quit. He was getting the hang of it...a little, but was quite excited at the prospect of going at it again with Daddy after work the next day. Well the next day was "Ms. Angela Day" (that's what Caleb calls the days that our nanny will be here) and Caleb wanted her to help him. But of course he wanted her to help him the exact way that Daddy did it. I'm not sure if his unmerited frustration with her was a catalyst to his success or not, but by the time she left he was riding on his own!! When Daddy came home he was shocked (which is an unusual emothion for Joseph!!) and even though it was late they went out and bought Caleb a new bike and matching helmet! It's a hotwheels bike and Caleb is SURE that he is the fastest kid on the block! Less than a week later Caleb is jumping curbs, riding thru grass, weaving on and off the sidewalk, standing while riding and does this crazy break with one foot trick. It really is amazing!! I got teary eyed...my baby is growing up!!!

Lukie is funny. Blue Thunder is now "my bike" and has also claimed Caleb's Harley motorcycle as his as well. He is proud of his brother and it warms my heart everytime he says, "good job big brudder"!!
I love them!!!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part about helping him was how he kept asking me, "Are you sure you have taught a kid to ride a bike before?" HA-HA!