Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Mother’s Day is an opportunity for all of us to reflect on how much our mothers love us and sacrifice for us. It is also an opportunity to show them how much we appreciate their love and support. Most mothers are similar to my wife in that they are constantly beating themselves up for not spending enough time with the children, not keeping the house clean enough, not being patient enough, etc. I frequently find this absurd since I know if I was a stay at home dad less than half of what my wife does would get done (but boy would I watch a lot of football and NASCAR). In the last 7 days I have worked 100 hours at the hospital doing my general surgery rotation. Now one might think that a wife who is 36 weeks pregnant with twins and is raising two very energetic boys while her husband spends most of his time at the hospital would cut herself a little slack and not worry so much about the laundry and the bills but you would be wrong. Instead my wife is frequently disappointed she did not prepare a 7 course meal or teach the children how to read the Bible cover to cover. So, in honor of Mother’s Day let me share with all of you my great gratitude for the love and sacrifice demonstrated by my mother and Sabrina. Without a mother's love this world would be a sad and lost place. In the words of Proverbs "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”God's blessings to all of you who have taken the challenge of raising the next generation. Thank you mom for raising me up to become a man who loves the Lord. Sabrina thank you for your sweet kisses, contagious laughter, and amazing support that fill my life with little priceless moments.

No comments: