Thursday, May 24, 2007

Caleb's Graduation from Preschool

Caleb had his preschool graduation today and it was quite emotional for me! I cried watching him walk so proudly down the aisle of the sanctuary to the stage. Looking at the girls so tiny and helpless reminded me of when Caleb was that tiny. It seems like it was just yesterday - time is flying by way too fast! The best part of my over emotional state is that Caleb really isn't graduating from preschool to kindergarten next year!!! We are letting him stay home and attend preschool a couple days a week again next year. Academically Caleb is more than ready for kindergarten, but he is still so young -not even 5 yet- and we'd like him to be a little bigger, older and more mature before starting school. Plus I'm not ready to send him off quite yet. I want him to be here to experience the girls first year with Luke and I. He doesn't seem to mind at all, he just wanted to be involved in graduation with the rest of his class. And in a sense he is graduating from this class to another class with different classmates. So although I was emotional I didn't fall apart like I'm sure I will next year!!




Here is the cake that was made for them with the entire classes picture.



And here is Caleb's picture right in the middle.



Here is Caleb walking up to the stage. He looked so grown up and proud of himself.



The kids led us in the pledge of allegiance.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: