Wednesday, August 29, 2007

3 year old Boy!

Luke turned 3 today. And he had no idea. We had his party on Saturday, so he thinks he is already 3 even though he still only holds up 2 fingers. I can't believe that he is already 3. It really does seem like yesterday I was hugely prego with him and moving across the country. Lovey was starting medical school, we were moving to a new city and I was so nervous about having a baby while he was in school. Funny thing now since we have had 3 kids during med school!

Back to Luke Bear - that child cracks me up. He is adorable, determined, charming, athletic and loves Thomas the Train. His name means "light" and my prayer for him is that others are drawn to the light that shines bright inside him. That they are attracted to him not just because he is cute (and man is he cute) or because he has a great sense of humor, but because he has a love for our Lord that draws others to him. I pray that his love for his Savior & his relationship with his God is strong and deep. That he is able to articulate that love and share it passionately with others. I want him to be clothed with compassion, kindness, gentleness and strength. And I pray that he always has a strong connection with his family and always loves his big brother as much as he does now.

Those are some big prayers for such a little boy. Good thing they are reaching the ears of a mighty God! And I pray that our mighty God will guide this momma and continue changing her so that she would be an example of all the qualities I pray for in my babies. Change me Lord, change me.

Photobucket

No comments: