Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Blogging

Well, there really isn't much to report here. Lots happens, but nothing that I think that anyone would be interested in. Joseph is back at work today. He took a big test yesterday (8 hours long!) and that is the last big one for the rest of med school (I hear heavenly applause)! He told me last night that he will only study for an hour a day for the rest of med school and residency. I'll believe that when I see it. For the past 5 years, everywhere we go that man has a book out studying. Or at least he brings it everywhere with hopes that when I turn my back, or if there is 1 free minute, he can open it and get some studying in. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have to compete with a medical book!

I went on a girls night out last night. Mucho fun, lots of laughter and great conversation.

A friend of mine found out that she has been picked by a birth mother to adopt. She is so excited, but kinda nervous because it has fallen through in the past. I have no idea the kind of wait that she has endured. She has way more faith, patience and trust than I do. I am much more into a "Burger King God" - my way right away. I would like God to change that in me, but am terrified to ask because I tendency to have to learn things the hard way and I am afraid of how that may have to be taught to me.Back to my friend, she is a great mama and I am excited for her to get that chance again.

I have a new pastime. After I put the boys to bed, before I begin my psycho put-the-house-together-at-the-end-of-the-day routine (only for it to get trashed the following day), I have started surfing blogs. There are some really good ones out there. It really is better than people watching at the airport because you get a glimpse into their heads! You can hear their thoughts or walk in their shoes...it's pretty fun! We have been blogging for a couple of years now and up until recently (VERY recently) I never even knew that there was a huge blogging community out there. Ours is just to unabashedly post picture after picture of my delicious kids so that the grandparents can keep up with the happenings around here. Joseph loves it because he's gone so much that he still feels connected with life here. (Sometimes reading our blog is how he finds things out...maybe that leaves much to be said about our communication!) Anyway we have a few faithful followers that read and send me email to let me know what they think, but as I read other peoples blogs I am becoming more curious who reads ours. So for fun - leave me a comment and let me know that you are "in my head or trying on my shoes". Don't be shy...this could be fun.

Okay enough ramblings for one morning. We are having a play group today and there is much to get ready for!
And don't worry to those of you that don't want to read, but only want to see pictures. I will have some very yummy ones of the girls in their church clothes for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Reading as always. Its nice to hear what life is like for another mom of twins!

Anonymous said...

Sab,
I am getting better at reading your blog. I wish I could be at Maddry house more often. I am still smiling at my last memories.
PS
Could you send me Titan's pic that I took of him? I want to post it in my blog!!
gunner

Anonymous said...

Blogging has been so much fun for me. You should check out http://lotsofscotts.blogspot.com/ - she is a mom of triplets in Georgia. Just started reading her blog and already the Lord has used her writings to speak to me. I think her husband is a doc, too, so ya'll have a lot in common.

Oh! And your friend you talked about! How exciting!!