Sunday, October 19, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend Report

Weekends around here are full and fun! This one was no exception.

It began Friday afternoon when my mama arrived full of energy and excitement to see her "babies". I think she was here for a total of 7 minutes before The Love and I said bye to the kids and went out on our date! It has been a couple of weeks since we had a "date night" and that is a week too long for us. There are a few new restaurants that I have been wanting to try out, but we were short on time, so will be trying those out later. We ended up eating at Carino's for their 2 can Dine for $19.99. How can you really pass that up? Soup/salad, bread, main course and dessert! YUM!

After our dinner we went to our first small group bible study at church. Our church just started these and we are badly in need of a small group to join. We had been attending a couples bible study, and while we really love all the people, it was pretty heavy & intense on study and too light & weak in fellowship and application for where we are in life right now. So these small groups from church came just in the perfect time. I was hesitant on whether or not we should go, but was thrilled when we left. It was awesome! Heavy on relationship building and accountability and biblical application. We are really excited!!

Saturday arrived with shopping, garage selling, soccer games, rearranging the boys room, and volunteering at Luke's school! What a day!! I'm thankful that my mama was here because I'm just not sure that I could have done it all solo.

This morning we went to church and afterwards, went to the church picnic where Joseph got "bath-tized" (as Luke calls it!) He was baptized as a child and decided that he wanted to be baptized, by immersion, like Jesus was.



Great end to a great weekend!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a fun, full weekend. We need a date night, too!

I love the blow-up pool he was baptized in. I was baptized in the pool in our backyard!

Anonymous said...

bath-tized, love that, sounds so clean, just like Jesus. Wish we were there.
mc