Friday, May 01, 2009

I'm still here!

I am in the mood to ramble. Consider yourself warned...

Have y'all missed me? If you haven't, don't tell me. My very fragile ego could be broken!

Whew! It has been a crazy 4 months. In case you haven't read the past 50 posts, Joseph's hours have been terrible. We haven't seen much of him and it has been hard on all of us. The good news is that it is OVER!!!! Today was the end of this rotation and tomorrow Love and I are going away...BY OURSELVES!!!!!!!

Cuh-ray-zeee!!

Remember a while back when we were talking about Mexico? Well, we decided at the beginning of March that neither one of us felt "good" about going. It was really weird. We both loved the idea, had the money and still want to do it at some point, but didn't feel like this was the right time. And I am so glad that God gave us that "feeling" and that we both were in agreement. Because... Swine Flu! We have enough issues around here without the swine flu hitting our house. Sheesh, I get crazy when we catch a cold... Seriously.

While we are not going to Mexico, we are going away and I've heard it's really pretty where we are going. In reality though, we could be in a tent in the middle of nowhere (preferably not Mexico) and I would be thrilled just to get some time alone with my man! It has been...actually I don't remember how long it has been since Joseph and I have had a couple of days alone together. So this is much needed!

I'm so excited!

When we reminded the kids that Gigi was going to come and take care of them tomorrow Caleb(in the most theatrical voice you have ever heard) said, "I don't know if I'll make it without you!" D-R-A-M-A. Get's that from his papa! (Snicker)

On to other news. My girlies are turning 2 next month and I am beside myself with emotions. They are so cute and funny and I really want time to freeze for a little while. Sometimes I feel like, with the twins, it goes twice as fast. Clock, slow down...

More news to report - I have lost 7 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I have been accused of "going on and on" about my weight loss/gain, so if you are sick of hearing about it...TOO BAD, don't read! I am excited now about my recent return to the "program" and that this time I have accountability and friends on this journey with me. And even though my bff that is doing this with me is nursing a child and gets 9,000 more points that I do (okay, maybe it is more like 12) she is still quite encouraging. But, don't think it hasn't crossed my mind to find a baby and start nursing again...

Okay, I need to go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow!!

I have tons of pictures and many posts that I will try to get to next week. Love has the whole week off, so I will finally have time to do a few "extra" things around here. Hopefully blogging will be one of them.

1 comment:

Dvans said...

I've missed you! :) So happy to hear your hubby is done with his rotation and you will get some much needed alone time together! Wow...can't believe the girlies are getting ready to turn 2! Where does the time go?