Thursday, May 28, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

In one week from today I will be on a plane to Boston. And are you ready for this...

My husband will not be with me.

(drum roll please) and neither will my children! Two words: WHOOO-HOOOO

Yep, I am going to Boston without my beautiful family. This will be the first time that I have been on a plane in SEVEN years without a child. The first time in SEVEN years that I have ever been on a trip without my kids and my husband at the same time. And this trip is the longest that I have ever left my kids.

And I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

I seriously, have for years watched people in airplanes or airports and marveled when I see them by themselves. They get to sit and read? They get to put their table tray down in their laps? They get to get a drink without worrying their gorgeous child is going to spill it on the businessmen next to them? They get to sit? They get to layover without wandering the terminal in hopes that the baby will fall asleep? They don't have strollers? They get to read? They aren't worried about using all their snacks before the plane even takes off? And I bet they even get to go to the bathroom without holding a baby!!!??? Wow.

And I will be one of them in a week!! Can you tell I am giddy with excitement? That's because it is a week away.

Next week I am going to be a nervous wreck!

2 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

Plus you'll get to open your snack bag first! And with two hands if necessary! I'm giddy for you! Enjoy the time away and hope you feel recharged with that all that lovely alone time on the plane!

Lorinda said...

and when you get off the plane in Boston, you will be there to enjoy what???? practice for the marathon or visit family, or shopping, hanging with the Kennedy clan???
just curious...