Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More pictures than is necessary of my childrens first day of school

Well, we survived the first day of school. Barely, but I made it. I held it together while at school, but as we drove off I sobbed. Yep, it was pathetic.

Thankfully, Love was there to help me pull it together. Oh, are you curious what that looks like? Umm, like this: I sob something like, "my-babies-are-growing-up-and-are-leaving-me-and-are-going-to-get-married-and-have-babies-of-their-own-and-move-away-and-I'll-get-old-and-no-one-will-come-visit-me-in-my-nursing-home-and-my-life-feels-like-it's-ending."

And while I sob, Love holds my hand and mutters something like: "I'm sorry. Your babies are fine. I know this is hard for you."

All the while I know what he is really thinking: "Woman, get a grip. They are just going to school, not another planet and it's only for 4 hours, not 4 years. This is the natural progression in life, millions of children do it and with much less drama than this. Pull it together and lets move on with the day."

But after 8 years, he knows which response will move my drama on faster and which one will spur on World War 3.

He chose to try to move this drama on faster...smart man.

So, I cried the whole way to the gym, did some crazy cardio and then went to yoga where I found my smile when Love came to class with me. This is the man that will never come when I ask him because he swears they used yoga as a form of torture in Vietnames POW camps. So you can imagine how happy I was when he came with me. And then watching him do the yoga moves really brought a smile to my face. Actually, it brought sheer laughter.

I don't think he's planning on coming back.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our big day:



I made lists for the kids and they have been wonderful in helping our mornings go smoothly. These are similar to the list I made for Caleb last year. I love that I will get to do some quiet time and pray with both boys, seperately, every morning before school.

Me and Luke.
I love this boy! He chose to wear all camo. So cute!
My first grader!!
Brothers and best friends!

Luke wanted me to get a picture of him standing to the side on one foot... Then with one foot in the air! He's a nut!!

Doesn't he look so grown up?!


And they are home where they belong!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Melonie said...

I was waiting to hear how your first day went! I'm so glad you survived, and I absolutely love all the pictures of your adorable boys! I bet they really enjoy being at the same school.

Kellie said...

Okay, I know this post is about the boys (well sort of) but I must say your ARMS look fabulous!! You are looking skinny, I'm serious. It's pretty disgusting.

Sincerely Anna said...

Love the lists you made! I would have bawled too about the next four decades just like you did.

They look so grown up and handsome!

Elizabeth said...

They do look so grown up! I know you're proud of them. It's going to be a great year for all of you!

Ditto on what Kellie said. You look awesome.

Sab Mad said...

Y'all are sweet and made my day!!! The arms are yoga, all yoga.

Michele said...

Love to see your handsome big boys. I know they will love school, have some great days, have some hard days, and they will grow through all of them. They are bathed in prayer, what better way could you have prepared them?
hugs

Davies Family said...

I am cracking up b/c I clicked over here to tell you that your arms looks great in that pix and am finding that Kellie beat me to it...ha! :)