Saturday, August 15, 2009

My boy is growing up!

Caleb is at his first slumber party and I am d-y-i-n-g to know how it is going. So much so that I think I'm going to call. Be right back...
Alright-y, apparently he's doing great and I'm the one crying. Seriously, I almost started crying while on the phone with his friends mom. I held off until I got off the phone. I really need to pull it together. The last thing we need is for people to think I'm nuts...
Caleb was so excited about his sleepover. Initially he wasn't and I knew the reason why. Pups and blankie. His two best friends that he has slept with every night for the past 6 years. I think he is getting at the age where he knows he's too old to still 'need' them, but can't imagine going without them. So when I told him he could bring pups and blankie he was excited to go. And then when I told him we could go and get a new sleeping bag for this big occasion, he was over the moon with excitement.
Here's my boy with his camo sleeping bag:
I love that kid. He is the best. And I'm thrilled that he is having such a good time.

Photobucket

No comments: