Wednesday, July 18, 2007

You can't have a girlfriend until you can reach the toaster...

The day has come...
Up until a couple of days ago Caleb said that he was going to marry me and live with me forever! And now he informed me that he has a girlfriend :( What is that about? You are five (barely) and you still need help getting the glasses out of the cupboard! How are you old enough to have a girlfriend? You're not! So all of that is what I wanted to scream, but instead I didn't even acknowledge what he said in hopes that he will forget. This is not the first time that I have heard this craziness. Angela told me the other day that she overheard a conversation between his beloved (the girl across the street) and Caleb. It went something like this:

Jezebel: "Caleb do you remember what you told me yesterday."
Caleb: Doesn't really respond
Jezebel: "Remember how you told me that you wanted to marry me?"
Caleb: Kinda oblivious
Jezebel: "Because you and me want to take care of babies when we grow up and we have more in common than Bubbas (boy down the street) and I do."
Caleb: Is on to another subject.

Caleb is 5 (did I mention barely?) and is still pretty oblivious. Jezebel is 7 and going into the first grade. It all begins... I have a feeling that this might not be the first time a girl is after one of my boys!


On other notes:
  • The girls did another 7 hour night last night! Exciting!!
  • The girls have thrush and so do I!
  • I have cracked and bleeding nipples (more info than I'm sure you want to hear!)
  • MY LOVE COMES HOME IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Very funny about the girlfriend thing! Is the girl's name really Jezebel? : ) I can sympathize with you on the thrush - had that for the longest time - no fun! I hope it clears for you and your girls soon.

Sab Mad said...

LOL!
No her names not Jezebel...she is actually a super sweet kid!
Thanks...I really want this to end and if it doesn't I'm going to have to start them on formula!

Anonymous said...

Wow, yeah, that's TMI but I was laughing so hard (sorry, I don't mean that personally!) that it was worth it!
I love how Jezebel just tells Caleb but doesn't really respond then he goes home and tells you. Funny! Mine is still talking about marriage on a daily basis.