Monday, February 18, 2008

Livin' it up!

It has been a glorious January and February around the Mad house. Joseph did a Plastic Surgery rotation last month that had really good hours and this month he is doing Research and works about 20 hours a week! That's right, 20 hours a week!! And that would be a high estimate! It has been glorious, just glorious!

We haven't had him home this much since our Minot days, when he worked 7:30-4:30 (m-f) and came home every day for lunch. I was so spoiled and I didn't even know it. Those were the days. I had a rude awakening when we started med school, but even that didn't prepare me for last year when he worked 90 hours a week. It was terrible. And I was so sick, pregant with twins, then he was out of town all the time and then I had the twins and he was still going out of town...yeah, I'm already getting anxiety thinking about all that. Before we moved to Maryland I had never been away from Joseph for longer than 6 days. Now, I know what it's like to have him gone for 6 weeks! So yeah, I think we deserve this little hiatus from the real world. We will be back to it soon enough!

Since he is home so much, I am getting quite a bit done. I have started scrapbooking again and love it! I have this new craft table that folds in itself to become a cute side table. I'm getting a lot done and having so much fun doing it! I have also been able to go to the gym, run errands and Joseph and I are going on lots of "dates" together.

Joseph has been hanging out a lot with the boys too. They have been doing some "male bonding" activities weekly. Last week he took them to Chuck E Cheese, a place where all my boys love. That really is a great "boy hangout" - they get to play video games, drink soda and win prizes. They love it! Luke used to just stick tokens in the machines, and was thrilled to do that, but Joseph said that now he actually plays the games and has a couple favorites.

Today they put the tent up and are camping out. And boy, are they excited. Caleb is wearing his hunting gear and Luke is even decked out in camo! We are going to try to have a movie night tonight with the kids and let them watch our home videos. We all love that!

I wish I had pictures of all these events, but my camera is broken! I'm not sure how long I can go without a camera...

Anyway, this is a nice "calm" before next years "storm"!

No comments: