Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Birthday Love!!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
you smell like a monkey,
and live in a zoo!

In honor of your 30th birthday, I am writing 30 things that I love about YOU!

  1. I love that when you walk in the door, the house gets even more chaotic because the kids are so excited to see you!

  2. I love your sense of humor.

  3. I love that you never let the kids get away with talking ugly to me.

  4. I love going to the gym with you and working out together.

  5. I love that you have more integrity than any person I have ever met.

  6. I love that when I hear a noise in the night (and you KNOW it was nothing) you will get up and check the house for me...

  7. and that you never get upset because by the time you are back to bed I am already back to sleep!

  8. I love that when I am all worked up and telling you a story, you calmly and analytically correct the most minor details and completely miss what I'm being dramatic about. (Okay, I don't always love that, but it is so YOU that it makes me laugh...just not at the time!)

  9. I love that you love to go on dates with me.

  10. I love that you find joy in the small and simple things in life.

  11. I love that I can talk to you about Jesus and my relationship with Him and you "get it".

  12. I love that you will take all 4 kids to the grocery store for milk so that I can have 20 minutes of silence.

  13. I love that when I have a "great idea" you only roll your eyes for a second before going along with my idea even if you don't "get it".

  14. I love that you are so predictable and dependable.

  15. I love that you will get everyone ready on Sunday mornings (I know, I know - as long as I pick out the outfits!) and wait patiently in the car while I finish getting ready.

  16. I love that even though you aren't a "gusher" you gush over the girls! Girls need a gushing Daddy!!

  17. I love that we don't speak the same language, but are always saying the same thing.

  18. I love that you always let me have your pickles. It's especially sweet because you like pickles!

  19. I love that you are so different than me.

  20. I love that a great Sunday afternoon for you would be watching football, eating hot wings and drinking a beer.

  21. I love that you always want to be better at everything you do (being a doctor, being a husband, being a dad) and that you never settle.

  22. I love that you will watch my dumb DVR shows with me and try to keep your comments to a minimum.

  23. I love hearing you talk in bible study and always think that you are so brilliant and have such wisdom. (Just don't try to use that on me at home...kidding...sort of!)

  24. I love how you don't sweat the small stuff with the kids.

  25. I love that when we are watching a movie, you never get mad at me when I ask you 1000 questions because I am confused - okay, so maybe you do get irritated, but you at least try not to let it show!

  26. I love that I know how much you love me.

  27. I love that when I ask you where you want to eat, you always pick places that you think I want to eat at.

  28. I love listening to you sing in church. The noise itself isn't that great, but the devotion behind it is amazing.

  29. I love that you know so much about all the things the boys are interested in.

  30. I love being married to my best friend!!!

FROM CALEB
What would you to say to Daddy on his birthday?
I think Daddy's the best Daddy because he teach me lots of stuff.
Like what?
Like he can do lots of things with me, he loves me very much.
Anything else you want to tell Daddy?
Like he's the bestest Dad ever.

FROM LUKE
What do you love about Daddy?
I love that he tickles me.
What else?
When he rolls me and makes me laugh and sometime he plays the wildebeast game with me.
Is that all?
And that he likes Anakin.

FROM LILY KATE & ELLA (and Mommy's imagination!)
What do you love about Daddy?
We love that he tells us how pretty we look in our dresses.
Anything else?
And that he treats us like princesses and spoils us. Oh, and he gives us lots of kisses!

We love you!
Happy Birthday!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your list is so wonderful! #17 is my favorite b/c we are the same way. And I love #18 b/c my hubby shares his pickles with me too, even though they're his favorite snack. Happy Birthday Joseph!

The Mother Hen said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Joseph, 30 is great. Your patients start to take you seriously - no more comments wondering if you are old enough to be the doctor.
Of course, 40 is the new 30, or something like that.
Love from the Crandalls