Monday, December 22, 2008

Catch-up

Alrighty peeps, I have lots to report so consider yourself warned...

My girlie's have some sort of weird stomach bug. Ella woke up from nap last Thursday from nap covered in puke. And continued to get sick for the next couple of hours. Poor thing. It was the night of Caleb's big debut, but since Sister was sick Daddy stayed home with all the kids while Caleb and I had a "date night"! At 10:30 that night, both girls were throwing up. SO, not fun! Lily was over it by the next morning, but Ella has thrown up during nap time for the past 3 days. Not too sure what is going on there...

Caleb's Christmas pageant was wonderful. He was a very handsome Joseph. You will have to take my word for it for the time being because my camera is dead. Died right in the middle of Caleb's performance. I did, however, video tape it for the Daddy, but my video skills are pretty poor. You need to take Dramamine prior to viewing the tape.

Joseph also took one for the team when he stayed home with the Sickies while I went to our Progressive Dinner on Saturday night. I was so sad that he couldn't come with, but thankful that he let me go. I had put a lot of time into planning it and would have been really bummed to miss it. Plus, my BFF's hubby is out of town, so I had a date for the night. It was super fun and I am very sad to report that I didn't take one picture. I know, highly unusual for me....

Last Saturday marked the beginning of 9 days off for The Love! Whooo-hooo! And the man has already painted the bathroom! He's getting right to work on my list of projects. Love it! We are also getting to spend some time together too. Today we got a babysitter and went out on a shopping/lunch date. We were able to get all the kids presents. They each got 3 gifts and then a couple of shared gifts. I think they will really like what they got.

We got paint for the playroom and are planning on re-doing it too. I will try to get some "before" and "after" pictures.

I did two long-er runs over the weekend and I am super sore. I even impressed The Love when I went running yesterday in freezing cold weather and yes, to this Texan, it was freezing cold. And windy. Very windy. But I had a run to run, so I went. The Love thinks I'm hardcore. I don't think he's ever said that before. And I love it! I've recently learned to spit while running and yesterday blew my nose in my shirt. Yep, hardcore...

Well, I think I've got you caught up! I gotta run, the girls are in nap time and I think I just heard a cough...not good!!

4 comments:

Esquire's Wife said...

So what color did you decide to paint the playroom? I am too impatient to wait for pictures!

Also, I am LOVING your music player with the Christmas music. In all honesty, I usually dread the blogs with those players because they annoy me and override my itunes that I usually have playing while I am on the computer. However, our collection of Christmas songs are pitiful, so I have decided to purchase some contemporary Christian Christmas cds based on your player! Thanks!

Melonie said...

I am so impressed with your running! I am desperately in need of some kind of exercise...my excuse is always that I don't have time, maybe when my kids are a little bigger. But then, YOU have twice as many kids as I do, and two of them are younger than my "baby". Hmmmm...yes, it's definitely challenging me to hear about your seriously hardcore side! You are my hero! Keep it up - I wish you the best, and I'm praying for your sick kiddos, too. Hope no one is sick on Christmas...

Sab Mad said...

Hey Kel-

So we went with "Jack Frost" as the color. It's a very light blue/green.

And I'm thrilled you like my Christmas music. In the past couple of years we have really expanded our list of Christmas music. So many great bands out there doing a good job with the remake of some of the classics!
Let me know if you are looking for more...

Anonymous said...

I hate that nap time cough post stomach virus! Hope your Christmas is merry and bright.
mc