Wednesday, December 03, 2008

WFM - Treasure Tree


Growing up I loved decorating the Christmas tree and I couldn't wait until I grew up to have a tree of my own to decorate. I have loved decorating my tree each year, loved it! But then my kids started making ornaments (very cute, cherished ornaments!), getting ornaments, and wanting to take ornaments on and off the tree - repeatedly. So a friend of mine gave me a great idea, give the boys a tree of their own. Their Treasure Tree is a perfect place for them to put all their special ornaments!

This year the boys got a new tree because their old one got too small to hold their treasures. They picked out a 3 foot, prelit tree with colored lights and love it! I let them unpack their box of ornaments and they decorated their tree with such pride! It was so cute. Caleb put all his ornaments on one side and Luke put his on the other. They were so excited:




Aren't they cute?

Works for me! Check out Rocks In My Dryer for other great ideas...

7 comments:

CC said...

So adorable!!! And if real trees were free for us, then I'd probably still have one (or several!) ;)

Elizabeth said...

They ARE cute. I love this idea. I still have so few ornaments for our family tree that I just go ahead and put the kids' ornaments on it too. But when it gets to be too much, I'm getting them their own tree.

My mom has always had a big tree in the living room and a smaller one in the breakfast room. I think it's great!

Melonie said...

What a cute idea! I may try that...next year! (We don't have ANY Christmas stuff out yet, and I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed just thinking about it.) Looks like your boys are SO proud of their tree! :)

Debbie said...

That is such a wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

Friend, wish you were here to decorate my Christmas tree! We have a lot to do to be Christmas ready...
mc

The Mother Hen said...

LOVE your idea - just love it!! I hope you're doing well - I miss you, my friend!!

Dvans said...

Adorable...what a wonderful idea! I bet our boys would love to have their own tree to put all of their ornaments on. We could easily decorate a 2nd full size tree as I get them each a Hallmark ornament every year (boy, is that getting expensive!) I treasure the ones that they make even more though...they are among my favorites! I still have a couple that I made as a child and I love them too!