Monday, December 29, 2008

R&R

Part of the problem, for me anyway, when there are days that lapse between blogging is that I have so much to say and no cohesive r organized way of saying it. So today I am blogging in bullet point. In real life I think, talk, and live in bullet points,

  • Seriously.
  • I am in Sugar Land, TX right now at my mama's house and for the first time in 4 days - all is quiet. The boys have been staying up until 9p - 10p every night because...
  • my mom throws the, "Let me enjoy being a grandma and my grandkids. I don't get to see them very much..." blah, blah, blah. So my kids are wild and...
  • since Joseph had to fly home last night to go to work today, I am on my own here. It's me against Caleb, Luke, Lily Kate and Ella and the worst culprit, MY MOM!
  • I have been running while here and am breaking all my records because there are no hills. This place is as flat as a pancake. It's a nice break from San Antonio. While SA isn't the hills of San Francisco, San Antonian's call themselves the Hill Country of Texas. Needless to say, I am really enjoying running on flat land outside for the first time.
  • And it is a good thing that I am running because I am eating like there is no tomorrow. The food here is delish and I always seem to fall into an eating spell when I come here for a visit. Gumbo, hams, homemade candy... Yes, it is a good thing I am running.
  • I found out this morning that the USATF is allowing the use of headphones at races. The inability to use my IPOD while running was freaking me out, but now that is no problem!! Words cannot express how thankful I am about that!!
  • We all had some sort of stomach thing over the past couple of weeks and I got it on Christmas Day. It reminded me why I am done having kids. Being nauseous and sick like that, for 5+ months, with 4 kids to take care of and a hubby who isn't home... Yep, it's time to end this child bearing business. There is always adoption...
  • I have to tell you that Santa was very good to me this year. I got everything that I asked for. And my favorite thing is this little jewel. Isn't she a beauty?
  • I love being back home at my mama's. It really is the place where I get rest and reprieve. Joseph and I get to go on lots of dates and even went to the movies to see this little flick. It was excellent!

Alrighty, that is all I have time for. My mom lives next to some great parks, so I'm off to take the kids out...

3 comments:

Michele said...

I'm checking in to see what's up. Sorry you guys have been sick.
Happy New Year,
m

Jessi said...

Sorry to hear that you were unable to avoid a vomit-free Christmas...neither were we. In fact, we spent a few hours in the ER. Ugh. Hope you're feeling better.

Your new toy IS beautiful! It sure will beat driving the same route to find out just how far you'd gone. ;-)

Happy 2009!!!!

Davies Family said...

Oh man, so sorry the bug swept through most of you...but glad you're getting to relax at your mom's! The rest of the Davies' have stayed healthy, but my sis-in-law got it bad the day after Christmas and my mom got it yesterday. I thought the frozen tundra had killed our germs, but now I'm not so sure. :) See you when you get back!