Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!

We have a busy day ahead and I am so excited about Christmas that I can't sleep. Not a good thing! So instead of tossing, turning and waking up Lovey I decided to stop the inner dialogue and...blog!

My kids have been saying some of the funniest things lately and I want to write some of them down to remember them.

Luke:

The other day I was ranting and raving calmly discussing how it irritates me that the boys put clean clothes in their laundry baskets (this seriously drives me crazy and could be a whole blog post in itself!). I was telling Joseph that it is all my fault for not being tougher on them when they did this in the past. I just kept repeating, "It's all my fault."

Out of no where (because I didn't even know he was listening or in the room) Luke says, "It's not your fault mommy."

So laughing I said, "Well, whose fault is it?"

Thinking for a moment he says,"Daddy's!"

Daddy starts laughing and says, "It's always my fault. How does that always happen?"

Luke was quiet for another minute and then said, "No, it's Titan's fault!"

If all else fails, blame it on the dog!

**********************

Luke also has said (a couple of times) the most amazing thing I have ever heard a child, definitely my child, say. I was changing one of the girls when he came up to me and said, "Mommy, when you get a chance, will you turn on the TV for me please?" Did you catch that? When you get a chance!! This is music to a mama who is always reminding her kids that I only have 2 hands and 4 kids, so they need to please be patient. I love that this sweet boy noticed I was doing something important, had a requests, but was willing to wait patiently for help. LOVE IT! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come...

Caleb:

For the past couple of weeks Caleb has really started to notice that the world does not revolve around him. We have really been trying to drive this home to him because I want children who have empathy and are not selfish. So lately he has been telling me, "Mommy, you seem a little stressed out right now. Is there something I can do to help you?" Love it!

I just love when my kids show me that they are listening and growing into people who want to put others before themselves - true servants!

*************************
And then Caleb said one of the funniest things I've heard him say in a while. Luke was throwing up the other night and Joseph was tending to him while Caleb was sweeping the kitchen floor and I was cleaning up talking to my mom. Mama was asking what was wrong with Luke and I told her, "I don't know what's wrong with him, but he probably has the same thing that the girls had."

Out of no where Caleb goes, "Maybe he has the rhinovirus and I hear zicam is good for that. You should take it at the first sign of symptoms and don't cover it up like they did that rhino." I just stared at him for a second and then busted into laughter!

"Where did you hear that?" I asked.

He very simply replied, "On TV." Then he told my mom all about this commercial in great detail. Perhaps we have another doctor in our future?!

2 comments:

Dvans said...

So funny...it's amazing how much kids pick up and retain for 'just the right moment'! :)

MaryBeth said...

I love reading the funny things kids say. I'd guess it's about half of what I write about on my own blog these days. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment earlier. You too have a beautiful family!