Friday, January 23, 2009

32 could be the best number yet!

So, I turned 32 yesterday. Really, it hard to believe that I'm already 32. I made a decision last year that I was going to celebrate my birthdays and not bemoan being a year older. And I have stuck with that decision.

A friend of mine was making fun of me because she didn't realize that I was 32 (apparently she wasn't looking close at me and missed the beginning stages of wrinkles and gray!). I told her in complete honesty that I am really proud of turning 32 and that this is going to be my best year yet.

I'm physically stronger and more fit than I was 5 years ago. I'm more laid back and easy going than I was 2 years ago and I have deeper relationships than last year. Life is just getting better and better. I'm excited to see what 32 holds!

So what does a mother of 4 do to celebrate her birthday? She starts off the day with quiet time with her oldest baby, goes to the gym, shops at the mothership (aka HOBBY LOBBY!), has lunch & deep conversation with an amazing woman, makes some very cool crafty gifts for her in-laws, enjoys a beautiful day outside with her kids, eats a yummy dinner her hubby made (the FIRST time in 7 years he made dinner for me!), has ice cream cake and opens presents with the family and end the great day with relaxing evening watching her DVR shows.

It was a great birthday!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad your birthday was wonderful. I'd hoped it would be.

Way to be 32 and PROUD!