Well, before I get started with this years "goals", we have to take a look back and see how I did last year. Here were the goals from last year:
- "Working out (minimally) 5 days a week." CHECK!
- "Half marathon in November." NO CHECK... But, I think I should get a little credit for signing up and training for the Austin, TX Half. Pretty please with sugar? Thanks! Y'all are the best.
- Run at least 2 half marathons this year. Austin and... There are lots out there, too many to nail down right now.
- Learn something new. And again, there are SO many things that I can think of - yoga, tennis, swimming, take a photography class...
- Have monthly "dates" with each member of my family. I know that everyone in my family craves one-on-one time with me and I need to make sure that I put more effort into making that happen and invest in them individually.
- Invest in my quiet time. In the past couple of months I haven't really invested anything in my relationship with my Savior and that really makes me sad. My quiet time has always been cyclical. I'm ready to get out of the "yuck" cycle...
- Memorize scripture! This is the one that I am most intimidated by and the one that I am going to have to work the hardest at. But I have joined an accountability group hosted by a woman that knows Jesus in ways that I only pray to know him before I meet him.
- and lastly, Find an accountability partner. I really am in need of someone who is ahead of me, who can help me along in my journey. (Oh, my MC...why can't you live closer?!)
That's a lot, resolutions or goals or determinations, I agree but I am ready for a challenge! Particularly because 2 active boys, twin toddlers girls, and a hubby in residency isn't enough of a challenge.