Sunday, January 13, 2008

Boys will be boys

At this moment, while I am trying to blog my ever-so-witty & brilliant musings, my boys (big one and 2 little ones) are wrestling on the floor. They are so loud I can hardly think. Daddy plays this game with them every night before bedtime where he is the wildebeest and they are the other animals that are being attacked or attacking the wildebeest. This game has the same ending every night...tears! Someone always gets hurt. Always. Right now, they are laughing and squealing with delight, but in a few minutes I guarantee you someone will be crying. Why we have to do this before bedtime...?

On to other matters. I thought I would give you an update on several recent posts. First, the baby food is going very well! The girls love everything, except anything green. And I'm thrilled to report that although they are behind in many of their milestones, they know their colors. I'm convinced. Whenever I try to trick them by alternating anything green with anything else, they clamp their mouths when they see the green coming, but open wide for anything else. Who cares if they can crawl - they know their colors. Anyway, the homemade baby food seems to be a hit! And, it was easy, way cheaper and I actually enjoyed it so we will be doing it again!

Potty update: Staus quo. Luke is still going potty, but #2 is elusive. I have a feeling that this will be the update for many months to come.

Running is going good. Shaved another 15 seconds off my time. At this rate, I may be able to finish that 5K after all. I am encouraged by my progress. That is until I see Joseph run. He can push 3 kids in the jogging stroller, uphill with a broken foot and still run faster than me. Huge sigh I take solace in knowing that there are many things I can do better than Joseph. I just can't think of any at this moment. It must be this noisy house...

I have been asked by several people about our freezer meals... I love them and will for sure continue making them. It seriously beats making dinner every night. I highly recommend it. They have this amazing recipe for Chicken Cheesy Bundles and they are awesome! You know, come to think about it, I don't think that I have had anything yet that I didn't like. Seriously people - you get to hang out with a friend and chat and laugh, make meals with no little people running around and fussing, and have meals ready for when there are little people running around fussing! Yep, Kellie and I will continue doing it!

Joseph started back to work on Monday and so far it has been cake! He is doing plastic surgery this month and the hours are awesome. Too bad he is absolutely bored out of his mind and tired of seeing boobies all day. I have to admit it's a little weird, but at this point he's seen it all. It has been nice having him home so much. He is working on a tree house for the boys. Pictures will come soon. Having him home has also been an added bonus in the working out department. I haven't taken the babies to the gym yet. I want to. I just need to work up the courage.

Well, the boys are in bed now and I'm happy to report that just because I told you that there would be tears, there weren't. Amazing.

No comments: