Today you are 6 and I really can't believe it! You have been talking about this day since shortly after your last birthday and it is finally here!! Caleb, my 6 year old boy, you are so amazing and I am so thankful to have had these past 6 years with you. Here are 6 of my favorite things about you right now...
- YOU have the greatest imagination. Every since you were able to pick out you own clothes you have loved to dress up and pretend. I was afraid that as you got older you would be less inclined to wear costumes out and about the town, but alas no! I do have a confession to make to you: I purposely do not wash your flight suit and BDU's sometimes. Little Love, it's too hot to wear them outside and I'm terrified you'll get heat stroke. The good news is that you have no problems finding replacement "uniforms" to wear! Because you have an awesome and fun imagination!!
- You really are the smartest kid I have ever known. I am always amazed at the concepts that you comprehend and the depth of the questions you ask. Every mommy thinks their kid is smart, and every mommy, I know, thinks you are smart!
- You are so inquisitive. I have to admit that there are times where this isn't my favorite thing about you, but I love that you keep me on my toes and always give me things to find answers for and keep me learning.
- You love Lukie and your sisters. While you and Luke fight like brothers, you are also as close as can be. I love watching you two play together and am so thankful that he is close to your age and that you have him as a playmate. And to say that you are in love with the girls, would be the understatement of the year. Those sisters of yours have you wrapped around their little fingers. I am so thankful that we have kept you home this past year so that you got the chance to spend time with the sisters and Luke. You were such a big help and a great big brother!
- You are a mama's boy. I love that you call me, "Princess Mommy" and when I have been gone, even for the shortest of times, you will run up to me and hug me like you haven't seen me in forever. I am so thankful that you haven't outgrown being kissed and loved on and that you ask for it frequently!
- You want to start spending time with God. Oh, Caleb, I am so thankful for this one! You are asking to have "quiet time" in the mornings like Daddy and I do. You want to read your bible and do a devotional. So, Daddy and I bought you your first big bible and you are going to love it and your cool new bible cover! I pray that God's Word penetrates your heart and transforms your life! And I pray that I am able to wake up earlier and be faithful about helping you do your "quiet time". I am so excited for you as you are passing another milestone on your journey with God! And so thankful to God!
Well, my Caleb boy, these last 6 years have been full of ups and downs, but through it all I have loved you with every ounce of my heart and soul. I love you so much Caleb and I pray that the next 6 years are as full of love, imagination, adventure, joy and most of all God!!