Sunday, June 08, 2008

We owe, we owe, it's off to work HE goes!

The Love goes back to work tomorrow. And it will be a shock to all our systems. Having him home for the past month has been amazing. And what a blessing.

He hasn't had a "real" schedule since March. The next 2 months his hours are 7:30a-4:30p with weekends off. Another blessing. As an intern and resident his hours will rarely be that great. So we are going to enjoy it while we can.

In some ways I am ready for him to get back to work. I'm ready for my schedule to be more normal and while I know he loves being at home with us, he thrives off being challenged and helping sick people. We are blessed that he has a job he loves and that makes him feel like he has a purpose. And he just doesn't feel that same challenge and purpose being at home with us. We're too boring. And not intellectual enough. Hmmm...imagine that.

So, while I wish that we were independently wealthy and never had to work again, I'm glad for Joseph's sake that we are not and he gets to go to work. He's better for it. In about 6 months, I doubt I will feel that way.

No comments: