Monday, June 23, 2008

Light saber's aren't for babies, they're for Darth Vader

I was making my bed when I heard Luke stating the above (title) to one of his sisters. He's a funny little boy. I really wish that I could capture his speech for you. It's pretty stinkin' cute!

And I need some cute and funny today. I'm having one of those I-want-to-go-back-to-bed-and-sleep-for-100-more-hours kinda days. I'm feeling so lazy, tired and blah! We had a super, crazy, busy week last week and the weekend was even more so! Between that and some minor medical issues, I think that my body is begging me for a break. Lucky for me, the Love barely worked today and is off for the next 2 days!!

I had my MOPS retreat over the weekend and it was fantastic! I had no idea what to expect, but my team is fabulous and we planned out the entire year. My favorite part of the retreat was the vision statement that we came up with. This really is going to be an awesome team and I am excited to see who else God is going to add to our group to fill all the positions.

While I haven't been blogging lately because I have been busy, there is another reason as well. Joseph and I have started watching Lost and are obsessed. Since there isn't anything on TV during the summer, we decided to rent season 1 of Lost and start from the beginning. People are always talking about this show and I wanted to see what the big deal was. Oh, my eyes have been opened. And now I am having a hard time closing them! We watch a couple episodes every night and both look forward to it immensely. It has become a little "date" time and we love it! So, since I typically blog in the evenings, blogging is taking a backseat to Lost. As is house work and anything else productive I could be doing. We are pathetic, I know.

Another reason I don't want to blog is this:

The screen on our lap top has cracked and it's so hard to read anything. I am still managing to shop, and while we have a desktop, I am too lazy to get off the couch to go and use it. We still have a warranty and Dell is fabulous about getting it fixed quickly. It has been this way for months and now I can't take it any longer.



While I am already completely random, I thought I would show you a picture of my cute bible study friends.

Aren't they cute?! I love my friends and am so thankful that God has placed them in my life. All of their husbands are residents, so they understand the lifestyle that we lead. They are a huge support and will continue to be one over the next couple of years. So thankful!

Here are a few pictures of the Beauties in some super cute outfits.




Whenever they wear these outfits I always think they look like they should be skating around a roller rink. My little Roller Derby Princesses. Aren't they getting big?!

Well, I guess that should be all for now. I have some pictures of Caleb's birthday party that I will post soon.

No comments: