Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!

Luke,

Happy 4th birthday Darth Vader (if you heard me say that you would be so excied - you love to be called Darth Vader)!! Today is your birthday, but tomorrow is your party and you are so excited. You have only been talking about it for the past 3 months! To anyone and everyone who would listen. And, true to who you are, you have invited everyone you meet to come to your party!

My little Lukie, you are the funniest, sweetest child I have ever met. Yesterday as we were walking home from the bus stop you asked me, "Mommy, what number is bigger than 100." I replied, "200." And then you said the sweetest thing I have ever heard, "I love you 200!" You are adorable!

Here are four of my favorite things about you these days:
  1. You are the most charming child...when I ask you to do something that you don't want to do, you look me straight in the eye and with the biggest smile and cutest face say "Yes, ma'am" and then do the completely opposite thing I said. It can be really hard to get mad at you sometimes!
  2. You love your big brother!! Since Caleb has started school you really miss him and tell him that all the time. I overheard you begging Caleb not to go to school the other day because you would miss him. You and Caleb have such a great, close relationship and for that I am so thankful.
  3. You are so into Star Wars it is c-r-a-z-y! And the craziest part is that you are just four. But I guess that's what happens when you have a big brother. Your favorite guys are Darth Vader and Darth Maul and your favorite episode is 4. Nana Bear got you a Darth Vader costume and you put it on today...you were so excited!!
  4. My most favorite thing about you is how expressive you are. When you want a junk snack you will give this pathetic-I-could-die-at-any-moment look and say that you "think you are going to throw up!" And so I say, "Oh no! What do you think you need to feel better?" With total drama you will say, "I need ____!" (fill in the blank with - ice cream, a cookie, a doughnut, gum, fruit snack) You wear all your emotions on your sleeve and I love it! All I have to do is look at your adorable little face and I know exactly how you are feeling!

My little boy, there are so many things I love about you. I can't wait to see what kind of man you will grow to be. Actually I can wait because I am enjoying the phase that you are in right now. You are determined, charming, passionate, athletic, laid back, outgoing, trusting, funny, enthusiastic, energetic and such a joy to be around!

Before we ever met you I have been praying for the Light that shines within you. I pray that others are attracted to you because of the deep love and strong relationship that you have with your Savior. I pray that you are able to articulate that love and share it passionately with others. I pray that you are clothed with compassion, kindness, gentleness and strength. I also pray that you use your big personality to draw out others who are lonely and show them they are loved by God. I pray, my sweet little Lukie, that in all you do and all you are you always remember that you have been placed here to show others God's glory and point the way to him. You are an amazing little boy Luke and I love you so much!

Happy Birthday my big 4 year old!!!

No comments: