Monday, March 24, 2008

He is Risen!

He is risen indeed!
Alleluia!

Caleb loved saying that yesterday. And I loved hearing it from his little mouth!

We made Resurrection Eggs together last year and I was shocked, when we got them out this year, at how much Caleb remembered. It was really amazing to open each egg with the boys and hear Caleb explain, by memory, the meaning of each item inside the egg. I think Joseph and I were both impressed with how much Caleb remembers and has learned over the past year. We talk through lots of things to the kids, read the bible with them and try to use the opportunities that arise to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them. And I love how it is reinforced at their little school and at our church. They are learning about Jesus love for them and I love it!

My favorite thing that Caleb said, when explaining what the Ritz cracker represented was, "the bread is for his body and the wine is for his blood that he gave for our sins." Joseph and I were both just shocked and excited that he put all that together!

He is risen indeed!!

At church yesterday we sang, The Wonderful Cross by Chris Tomlin and I cried as I sang the words to that beautiful song. It's an adaptation from When I Survey the Wondrous Cross which was originally written by Issac Watts. The original hymn is gorgeous and Chris Tomlin does a great job too. Check out the powerful words to this song...

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

He is risen indeed!
Alleluia!!

No comments: