Friday, September 28, 2007

Big Daddy is comin' home!

Can I get a...D
Can I get a...A
Can I get a...DDY
What does that spell???
DADDY!!!

The Love comes home today after having been gone for the past month and we are super excited!!! Well, I should re-phrase that. Caleb and I are excited, the girls have no idea what they hay is going on, Titan will be thrilled to get some lovin' again and Luke is... well, Luke is mad. He doesn't want Daddy to come home and is mad that he left. I have a sneaking suspicion (ooh, that was fun to write!) that he will warm up once the Daddy gets off the plane with a gift for the young lad. Luke and I are very alike...gifts always save the day!

It has been hard with Joseph gone, but not near as bad as it has been in the past. The first time was for 6 weeks and I was so prego with the twinkies, uncomfortable and it was our first time apart for any length of time.

The second time was for 5 weeks and the girls were only a month old when he left and not sleeping through the night. That was painful and we had people here to help! Not a good time!

Now this time was for 4 weeks and it wasn't bad at all. I am growing up and learning to do this on my own. We don't need Joseph. We love and appreciate him. That probably sounds weird. But Joseph will know what I mean. I have always been overly reliant on Joseph and could barely muster a day by myself without needing him to come and save the day. Way too dependant on Joseph and not trusting enough in myself. The tide is changing and that is a good thing for all of us! God is growing me and I am becoming more reliant on Him and less reliant on The Love. With all that said, I can't wait to see him and have missed him mucho! This place is not the same without him...there's less laundry to do - Kidding! (sort of) ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud for you. Thriving is so much more fun than just surviving. "Attitude is as important as Action" is on my kitchen chalkbord right now. Attitude makes you who you are.
Have a great weekend.
Michele

Sab Mad said...

My Michele!

You are my superhero mom and I love the "Attitude is as important as Action" motto! Will definitely be using that one with the boys!!

Thanks for stopping by and I miss you friend!