Sunday, September 23, 2007

Soccer Mom - PART 2



As I am getting ready for soccer yesterday, Luke the Bear is following me around whining. I have no idea what he is whining about since I am trying to get all the gear (cleats, sock, shin guards, formula, bottles, water bottles, oh - and let's not forget the kids!) into the car - whining is the last thing on my list of issues to deal with at the time. So after a while I think the whining was getting on Caleb's nerves because I hear him say, "Luke, Mommy only has 2 hands and 4 kids. You need to be patient."
I find 2 things humorous about his statement. 1.) I must say this often because he repeats it often. 2.) Caleb only reminds Luke of this when Luke is the one whining. I've never heard him remind himself!

In any case, the pictures above document my situation: a mom with 4 kids, 2 hands and a hubby that was working and unable to attend the first practice! I was the queen of multi-tasking yesterday. I was running the soccer field and trying to encourage Lukie (who isn't a follower) to follow the other kids and the coach, I was feeding 2 babies, trying to take pictures of Luke's first practice, answer 1000 rapid fire questions from Caleb and let's not forget the well meaning stranger who all want to comment on our, uh-hmm, situation. Yep, it's no wonder The Girlfriends are stuck in their seats drinking a bottle that is propped up with a blanket. At least they're getting fed right?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Miriam said...

You're amazing! My first day of single motherhood begins tomorrow! and alas...I can't sleep tonight...hence midnight blogging! Can't say it is such a good start.... : )

Sab Mad said...

May the force be with you Miriam!!

If I can do it, anyone can!