Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sad little tummy time girls...

I always think back to how different I am as the mom of 4 kids from when I was a first time mommy. With Caleb I was in such a hurry for him to crawl, walk, talk and basically reach all the major milestones. He was pretty late in reaching most of them and it made me crazy - I was so impatient. Tummy time was important, we tried to enrich all his learning activities and taught him baby sign.
Then with Luke I wasn't in as much of a hurry, but was excited when he reached a major milestone. We worked with him on tummy time, taught him the basic signs he needed to communicate. When it came time for him to walk, I was in NO hurry for him to become mobile so never really encouraged movement. (Obviously that didn't affect him in any way since he is so active and athletic!)
And now the twins... Poor girls. They are 3 1/2 months old and I can count on one hand how often I have put them down for tummy time. I just forget. They really are lucky I remember to feed them. And that they have a basic instinct to tell me when they need fed. Now they just need to remind me to do tummy time with them. And if they are old enough to communicate that to me and I still haven't gotten around to tummy time then I am a REALLY bad mom.
On my list of things to do this week is TUMMY TIME! I actually am writing it down to remind myself!!

Ella was the first to fuss (surprise, suprise) but actually ended up tolerating it more than Silly Lily Kate (which really is a suprise!)

Poor little girls... they still look stinkin' cute as floppy little fishies! We definitely need to work on tummy time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya know, the first time I actually remembered to put Claire down for "tummy time" she rolled over immediately. I thought, "hmm, guess I should have started this earlier!!!!" Glad to know I'm not the only one. :-) Somehow the younger siblings do survive.. and even prosper!! Not long after that.. she crawled!
Love,
Shannon