Monday, September 24, 2007

Random Ramblings...

I just read a great devo by Chuck Swindoll on Micah 6:6-8. Micah 6:8 is actually one of my favorite verses. Micah was cool and my kind of prophet. You can check out the devotion I read today. Good stuff!

*************************************************************************************

I have to tell you some cute things that Luke has said recently. Hehe...
  1. "My stomach hurts...I think I need some M&M's."
  2. (After telling Luke how proud I am of him, what a big boy he's becoming, how much I love him) "Tell me that again mom."
  3. (After telling him that again) "But you're not proud of Caleb right?"

************************************************************************************

We finally found a church that we like. I think that is the hardest part about being military is that it takes about 1 year to get settled in, which is a long time, and then you have a year or two to enjoy the places you have found before it is time to move again. Finding a church and a group of friends is ALWAYS the most painful. This time we thought that we wanted a church with lots of "programs" for the kids. Well, we found one that has an amazing children's ministry, but it lacks on adult studies/fellowship. It was huge and really hard to get involved in - unless you wanted to work in the children's ministry every Sunday! Good church, not for us.

Thankfully we have found a church that we like! I was able to take the kids by myself on Sunday and had so many people offer to help me. We haven't been there very long and people recognized me (by name!) and stopped to chat. The boys like their classes better than the big "programs church". I think Caleb was feeling lost in the big church and feels better in this smaller church. This church doesn't have many "programs", but it does have community, fellowship and bible teaching. We'll take that any day!

*************************************************************************************

The kids and I are having our first family sleep over! Kellie's hubby is on call and won't be home until tomorrow so we thought that since we are both home alone we might as well be home alone together! We're gonna put the kids down and start working on our scrapbooks!!! Super excited!

*************************************************************************************

One of my friends here, Julie, is a personal trainer and going to work with me!!! I need to get back on the program. I fell off the wagon and need to get back on! Just in time for the Holidays!

Well, I have no idea why I can't sleep this morning and have just spent this time on the computer! It's 7:30am and all my children are sleeping!! Shouldn't I be too?!!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you tonight. I am so pleased for you that you found a church - a huge thing! You sound good - just like your voice.
Michele