Thursday, September 27, 2007

Brothers


These two crack me up.
They fight like crazy these days. Over everything. It's making me crazy!! All I hear all day is, "He's not sharing" or "he hit me" or "he didn't say he was sorry" or "I had it first" or "that's not fair"... UGH!! The quarrelling is out of control and I am trying different methods to deal with it. I don't want to ignore it or be lazy in dealing with it. I want to raise boys who love, respect and care about each other. I am constantly talking about being a servant, being kind and using words that build up, not tear down. All that takes so much patience and is exhausting. They are boys (and kids) and are aggressive, physical and easily frustrated and angered. They would much rather use their fists (or their feet!) than their words. But I feel like if I give them the tools on how to handle conflict now, it will set a foundation that will be invaluable in the future. I have to remind myself of that often.
With all that said, though, they do love each other. They don't like to go anywhere unless the other one is going too. The pictures above were taken before the kids went to school the other day. Caleb picked out Luke's outfit, helped Luke get dressed, combed his hair and helped him brush his teeth. They giggle together, help each other and I love hearing them talk to one another - especially when they are talking nicely!
Caleb named his blog "I love my brother" and recently blogged about Luke.
Have patience Sabrina. As Joseph says about parenting, "This is a marathon, not a sprint."
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Z's said...

Wow, oh Wow!! How I wish to be a stay at home mom again! I am ready to have the lifestyle of the dad who is laying out with two babies surrounding him in his peace....The girls are beautiful, the narratives keep me up on the insanity of your mind that I love, and I soak in the pictures of your sweet children. My love to you, Amy

The Z's said...

How do you do the highlighted words? How can you add all that stuff to the side? You my blog-idol! How do you choose who can comment, and can you imbelish on their words before you publish them?

Sab Mad said...

Amy, Amy, Amy...
I would love to answer all your questions, but YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE HOME LONG ENOUGH TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT IT!

I am thrilled to know that we matter enough for you to stop by in your "spare" time.

I love you my friend and I miss you mucho!